Squiz owns and operates all aspects of its cloud offering from the hardware all the way up to the customer application, and we’re on the verge of designing and deploying a next generation Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) infrastructure using the latest cloud technologies.
We're currently seeking an experienced Microsoft SQL Server administrator to help complete a program of work to integrate Windows servers into our existing cloud systems, and streamline our build process. This role is a three month fixed-term contract based in either Sydney or Canberra.
- Audit configuration of Microsoft Windows servers to meet client requirements
- Develop scripts and automation to streamline the process of building new Windows VMs
- Integrate Microsoft Windows into our existing Linux-based monitoring systems
- Standardise our Windows template images
- Assist with the design and implementation of a Highly available SQL Server offering
- Work with project and client teams located in the United States, Europe and Australia
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including Poland, UK, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
With proven ability in a senior technical capacity, you'll need:
- Strong experience with administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and/or newer
- Strong experience with administering SQL Server Enterprise, including replication and high availability features
- Powershell scripting ability
- Some knowledge of Linux and open source software
- To have spent time in an internet-facing, high up-time, technical environment
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight
You’ll work with some of the most intelligent and down-to-earth people you’ll ever meet. We are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. Every day is different, but what is constant is we work hard and have a lot of fun doing it.