We're looking for a full time Developer to join our tight and well established production team which balances new projects with helping our clients get the most out of our products. The work is always new and fresh - no two projects are the same and our products allow us to adapt to the fluid digital environment. While we have cool tech - in time we'd we want you to be able to listen to our clients' problems and confidently advise them on the best solutions.
Who are we:
We are SQUIZ - a global technology company with employees across the globe. We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled front end developer to join our dev team at West End in Brisbane. Work collaboratively with Sys Admins, Designers, UX, BA and let us foster your talents!
We build lots of different websites and solutions in government, finance and higher education sectors, just to mention a few. It's not just Squiz Matrix CMS you'll be using but other tech such as a Funnelback, our leading-edge search and insight engine, SugarCRM and Marketing Automation tool - Marketo.
As a web developer at Squiz, your day to day would look something like:
- Developing mid - large scale responsive websites within Squiz Matrix that integrate with a variety of other systems
- Providing top class help and support to existing clients through Jira.
- Presenting innovative solutions to client problems utilising the Squiz suite of technologies.
Skill-sets to be considered for the role:
- A superstar at HTML5/CSS3/JS
- Experience in other CMS such as Wordpress, Drupal, Sharepoint
- Knowledge in Web Service integrations on a REST or SOAP basis
- Knowledge in Git version control
- Exposure to task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack and NPM scripts
- Well versed in Best practice and WCAG AA standards in web development
- A solid understanding of debugging concepts in modern web browsers
- Great organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and business acumen
- Ownership and love to see things through
- Follow latest design and development trends
- Committed to what you do and strive for the better and not just to get it done
We’re already impressed if you have the following:
- Produce strong reporting and documentation skills for supporting clients and keeping information up to date - associated with technical and change management; and
- ITIL Foundations certification;
Every day is different, but what is constant is we work hard but have a lot of fun doing it. At the end of the week, we will unwind, grab a drink from the fridge or a coffee from the machine and enjoy it over some ping pong or pool and have a laugh. We've also got lots of other perks worth mentioning too but let's save it for the chat when you come in.
If this sounds like you, tell us why this role is meant to be yours in a brief cover letter along with your CV. Hope to see you soon. If you have some work you’re proud of, we would love to see that too!