We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled DevOps Engineer to play a vital role in one of our most progressive products. You will be an experienced DevOps specialist who has the ability to drive automation and a passion for product development.
As a DevOps Engineer your day to day will focus on infrastructure, automation, CI/CD. You'll be building and evolving our CI/CD architecture, and enabling the efficient release of our very own Squiz Workplace product. Working in within the Products team you’ll get to work with other engineers, product managers, designers and leadership to solve complex problems, learn new skills, and influence our culture towards progressive software development practices across our broader product set including the Squiz Matrix CMS and Funnelback (our cutting-edge search and insight engine).
If you love building great products and are a keen learner of new technologies, then read on…
We're looking for someone with:
- Proven knowledge of DevOps principles and practices to support best practice CI/CD and enabling teams to be successful in continuous delivery;
- First hand experience with the various CI/CD pipeline and execution platforms, for example Concourse CI, Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo or TeamCity;
- Experience with development principles across node.js and PHP, and the most efficient tooling to support release of this code;
- Proven experience working with containers via Docker, Kubernetes etc;
- An intermediate experience working with cloud providers, ideally with exposure to Google Cloud, AWS and/or Azure. Knowledge of private cloud tech/strategies strongly beneficial; and
- Capability using Agile principles, with hands on experience with working on projects in a Scrum team.
Bonus points for:
- A sound focus on business and user outcomes;
- Refined organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines;
- A demonstrated ability to nurture and communicate effectively with both technical and non technical team members; and
- A positive attitude and the ability to take ownership of what you do, strive for the better and the resourcefulness to see things through.
And who are we?
Squiz is both a technology company and digital agency. We’re all about making technology do even greater things and create engaging and compelling digital experiences for our customers. We’ve got an amazing 20 year story with 13 offices around the world and an exciting future ahead.
We build a product that’s used by high profile organisations in government, finance, higher education sectors, just to mention a few.
You’ll work with some of the most intelligent and down-to-earth people you’ll ever meet. We are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. Every day is different, but what is constant is we work hard but have a lot of fun doing it.
Every Squiz employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games areas, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you up to 30 days paid leave per year.
If this sounds like you, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter! And if you’ve got some work you’re particularly proud of, we’d love to see that too!