Technical Consultant (Search Technology)
Our talented solutions team comprises technically-savvy, client-facing Technical Consultants delivering high-quality, high-value technical solutions to our demanding client base.
Working as one of the technical experts to the project teams, you will design, implement and deploy tailored, real-world solutions, and manage ongoing key client relationships.
- Analyzing customers’ business problems to discover how we can help solve them
- Designing, implementing and deploying tailored solutions
- Interacting with customers at every step of the project (presales, quoting, requirement gathering, testing, and support)
- Building killer demos to help our business development teams convert prospects into customers
- Upgrading and supporting existing customers
- Delivering training sessions remotely and on-site
- Building strong relationships with clients, proactively supporting PMs, to keep projects on track and resolve technical project issues
- Documenting client requirements and solutions, preparing technical quotes and assisting with tender responses
Squiz and Funnelback deliver amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
Harnessing information, to serve up an entirely personalised search experience, Funnelback delivers intelligent, tailored and engaging user experiences, and completely personalised website content - without users having to search for it. Through advanced CMS integration, Funnelback pulls together bespoke webpages that draw relevant content into one seamless and dynamic experience for some of the UK’s most known brands such as Santander, University of Oxford, Npower, William Hill and NHS Choices amongst others.
You’ll find Funnelback and Squiz all over the globe in the UK, Poland, USA, Australia and New Zealand. We work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with, and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
Interested in expanding your skillset beyond software engineering, you'll have prior experience designing and deploying SaaS or on-premises enterprise solutions. You want to know the “why”, not just the “how”, and thrive on finding the best solution.
We're looking for:
- Previous software engineering, technical consulting or technical implementation experience
- Command line experience, comfortable navigating within a Linux file system, with a good understanding of basic debugging tools
- Excellent analytical ability, with a 'can-do' attitude to problem solving, in an environment where niche and unique problems can occur
- A fast and pragmatic learner, able to adapt to new products and environments quickly
- Client facing experience with good written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritisation skills
- An eye for detail with strong written communication, reporting and documentation skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Java, Perl, Groovy or Python
- Software development experience and best practices (architecture, development, version control, code reviews)
- Experience working in Linux environments
We believe in growing talent and encourage our team to take on more responsibility to develop their career with us. We’re a friendly bunch, and enjoy the unique, relaxed and social environments in all our offices across the globe. We love what we do and we're confident you'll love it too...
- Flexible Working Hours
- 30 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Health and Wellbeing allowance
- Discounted BUPA healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Friday office stand up, PingPong, Playstation, Gaming and Movie nights, communal lunches, baking challenges, travel opportunities to other office locations, friendly and social office environment.
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Please note that Squiz and Funnelback do not accept speculative CVs and will not be liable for any introduction fees, or otherwise, should we engage with any candidate speculatively submitted by an agency.