Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our talented team in Szczecin.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for troubleshooting issues that our customers face on a daily basis. Solving complex problems using analytical and creative thinking, you’ll support client requests across technologies supported by Squiz globally, including Matrix CMS, Sugar CRM, Magento, and Funnelback.
As a CRU team member, you will be required to participate in our 12/7 roster as and when required.
The day to day
- Troubleshoot large complex CMS / CRM / Magento implementations
- Analyze, install, modify and support Linux operating systems, open source databases and application software
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues arising on enterprise infrastructure
- Field escalated support requests, providing exceptional customer service
- Verify stability, interoperability, and security of system architecture
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including Poland, UK, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
Let’s be straight - we need a Linux geek, experienced with web and database servers, automation, and IaaS.
- Proven experience in a support environment with a good understanding of web based applications and how they work
- Strong systems and network security awareness
- To take ownership of issues from start to finish, and an ability to work independently on projects
- The ability to pick up concepts quickly with drive to learn
- To promote cooperation and strive to improve the knowledge of the rest of the team
- To have a procedural approach to solving problems
- Strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills, with intermediate level English as a minimum
Technical skills required
- Linux System Administration Expert (Red Hat Enterprise Linux and associated derivatives - CentOS and Scientific Linux)
- Experience in Database Administration, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience configuring and maintaining OpenResty, Squid, Varnish and associated web server software
- Experience configuring and maintaining Redis and Memcached
- An understanding of caching, load balancing, and high availability concepts as they pertain to contemporary web applications
- Demonstrate skills for proactively identifying and resolving potential problems using Squiz’s Knowledge Centered Support Systems
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible highly desirable
- Experience with Git highly desirable
- Good understanding of DNS and computer networking principles
Bonus points for
- Knowledge in Matrix implementation and configuration
- Knowledge in Funnelback implementation and configuration
- Knowledge in Sugar implementation and configuration
- Knowledge in Magento implementation and configuration
- Spacious loft office
- Multicultural work environment
- International assignments and projects
- Daily lunch
- Private health care
- Life and accident insurance
- Multisport card (with partner, friend and child option)
- Chill out room
- 1000 zl bonus to spent on a “healthy lifestyle” (e.g. for Gym membership)
- 30 days of paid leave
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Apply now, we look forward to meeting you!