We’re looking for an additional DevOps Engineer to join our talented team in Szczecin.
You’re probably a sysadmin who has hosting, deployment and network operations down to a tee, is an ace on the command line, and can handle tasks like scripting web content migrations and writing complex SQL queries. You might even be a developer who’s moved into deployment, automation and network operations.
You’ll certainly be able to handle the juggle of a DevOps environment, with the judgement required to prioritise the important as well as the urgent.
Working as a key part of a small team, the main components of this role are to help:
- Analyze, install, modify and support Linux operating systems, open source databases and application software
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues arising on enterprise infrastructure
- Field escalated support requests, providing exceptional customer service
- Verify stability, interoperability, and security of system architecture
- Troubleshoot large and complex CMS implementations
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including Poland, UK, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
Let’s be straight - we need a Linux geek, experienced with web and database servers, automation, and IaaS.
- Proven experience in a support environment with a good understanding of web based applications and how they work
- Strong systems and network security awareness
- To take ownership of issues from start to finish, and an ability to work independently on projects
- The ability to pick up concepts quickly with drive to learn
- To promote cooperation and strive to improve the knowledge of the rest of the team
- To have a procedural approach to solving problems
- Strong interpersonal, time management and communication skills, with intermediate level English as a minimum
- Web hosting environment experience
- Strong Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Strong understanding of DNS
- Familiar with virtualization concepts
- Understanding of load balancing, high availability and disaster recovery
- Configuration management: Puppet or Ansible
- Scripting/data manipulation languages: Bash, Python, Lua
- Ability to read PHP
- Firewalls: iptables and commercial
- Version control: SVN or Git
- Operating Systems: Linux - Redhat, CentOS, Debian or Ubuntu
- Web Servers: Apache or Nginx
- System/Network monitoring tools
- Open Source Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
Bonus points for
- Java and/or Groovy
- Spacious loft office
- Multicultural work environment
- International assignments and projects
- Daily lunch
- Private health care
- Life and accident insurance
- Multisport card (with partner, friend and child option)
- Chill out room
- 1000 zl bonus to spent on a “healthy lifestyle” (e.g. for Gym membership)
- 30 days of paid leave
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Apply now, we look forward to meeting you!