Digital Business Analyst
We’re on the lookout for a driven Digital Business Analyst to help empower our customers by providing them the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
At Squiz, we're not your garden variety digital agency. We work with our own technology to develop strategically-driven, user-centric web projects that not only look beautiful - they work beautifully.
We're looking for analytical minds, naturally strong communicators to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand and the work we do.
Things you’ll be working on:
- Identifying business requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task & workflow analysis
- Working independently with users to define concepts and requirements
- Proactively collaborating with external and internal customers to analyse project needs and deliver the following artefacts as needed:
- Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document)
- Acceptance criteria
- Screen and Interface designs (E.g. wireframes)
- Serving as the conduit between the end user and the development team for aligning requirements
- Collaborating with the development team and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, performance needs and commercial constraints
- Driving and challenging business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Assisting with the customer journey exploration and definition piece of each project
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
The deal breakers. We are looking for:
- Ability to critically analyse information from research activities and source and evaluate qualitative or quantitative data.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Digital Industry.
- Qualifications in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Psychology or Business Studies.
And you are…
- Keen to have real ownership.
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis.
- Results driven, yet light-hearted and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
- A strong communicator who can hold their own.
- An eye for detail and great listener – you can read the room and know what’s not been said.
Things you should know
You may put on a couple of kilos joining our team. Not only do we have a fully stocked kitchen but we’re a team who loves to lunch and with Smith Street only minutes away you will find us tasting the local cuisine regularly. We love to joke, you must appreciate sarcasm as we have a lot of in-house jokes but we’re also respectful and build each other up when needed. Just ask us about the Qualm Tree.
- Work with the latest web, CRM, search and marketing automation technologies
- Healthy Living Allowance
- Flexible working environment
- Supportive and collaborative management team
- An ever-evolving pro-learning environment
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Check us out on Twitter: LifeatSquiz
We are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. If this sounds like you, tell us why this role is meant to be yours.
We can't wait to meet you!