Senior Frontend Developer
The R&D division of Squiz are looking for a talented and motivated frontend developer to join our team and help take our enterprise CMS, Squiz Matrix, to the next level.
Our team believes in creating great products that people love to use. We are committed to working with the best web technologies and tools to get the most out of the software we create. We are now at a point where we want to grow our team in order to support ambitious goals for the product, and we need your help to get there.
Whilst working alongside great developers and engineers, you will work closely with the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead in a crucial and exciting new role.
You will help design and develop a new way of building and using site, page, and component based web templates for the Squiz Matrix CMS platform, as well as help improve the core product by introducing new product features and enhancements using modern frontend web technologies and frameworks.
As our Senior Frontend Developer you will:
- Develop innovative user experiences and work with exciting technologies;
- Collaborate with other talented engineers, designers, product managers, and organisation stakeholders;
- Help manage product roadmaps and development backlogs;
- Take ownership and leadership around creating and maintaining best practices, style guides, and quality control; and
- Serve as an advocate for software quality in frontend code, testing, and documentation.
You are someone who:
- Has a track record of building and maintaining large-scale web software products;
- Has deep knowledge of software development processes and tools like version control (Git), TDD and CI/CD;
- Holds previous experience working with task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and NPM scripts;
- Has a passion for clean code and reducing technical debt; and
- Takes their work very seriously, without taking themselves too seriously.
Bonus points for:
- Full-stack development experience;
- Commercial experience working with CMS platforms such as Squiz Matrix, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, or others;
- Hands on experience with working on projects in an Agile team using Scrum or Kanban; and
- Passion for making the web accessible and strong understanding of standards like WCAG and ARIA;
Benefits, or what we like to call WIIFM: What's in it for me?
- Work with the latest digital trends and technology
- Help develop software products and tools that are used by thousands of people everyday all around the world;
- A culture where people say the best thing about working here are the people
- Global company with opportunities to work in our London and New York offices
- Fully stocked kitchen, team lunches, Friday drinks