Systems Engineer / Hosting Team Lead
Our talented solutions team is looking for a senior level Systems Engineer / Hosting Team Lead, experienced in Virtualisation and Container technologies.
As a technical team lead in the global Hosting team, you will be actively involved with the design, implementation and daily operations of a worldwide cloud network, including the introduction of a new container-based software-as-a-service platform.
You’ll work in a Linux based environment, and have the opportunity to not only challenge your technical skills as part of a global a team of senior technical people, but also to mentor and lead more junior team members.
Ensuring Squiz products are built, configured and administered to the highest standards, helping to continually improve on the existing reliability and performance of our platforms.
Using your Linux system administration, network, virtualisation and container expertise, you’ll help build, operate and enhance the Squiz Cloud platform. You’ll also act as the technical lead for local staff, while working as part of a global team.
- Manage and extend existing oVirt-based KVM virtualisation infrastructure
- Assist with design and implementation of a new Container-based SaaS platform
- Manage dynamic OSPF and eBGP routing using JunOS and Cumulus Linux platforms.
- Manage layer 2 switching on Extremenetworks and Mellanox hardware.
- Assist with development of new Hosting capabilities.
- Automate systems to help us build and manage our growing infrastructure.
- Perform Linux, FreeBSD and Windows system administration and scripting to improve our ability to manage and automate our cloud platform.
- Help to troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, network and storage.
- Help document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Work with project teams and client teams located in the United States, Europe and Australia
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including Poland, UK, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
- Strong experience in UNIX-based virtualisation (RHEV, oVirt, Openstack) and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes) technologies
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills
- Experience in an internet-facing, high up-time, technical environment
- Confident scripting ability in at least two of the following: Bash, PHP, Python
- Strong experience supporting PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Familiarity with Ansible or Puppet configuration management systems
- Experience with monitoring systems, such Nagios and Shinken, CollectD
- Experience collecting and aggregating log data (ELK Stack)
- Intermediate knowledge of IP networking (switching and routing)
- Experience acting in a senior technical lead role
- Experience mentoring others and building a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with people across a varied range of seniority levels and technical abilities
- Ability to write clear and thorough documentation
- Client facing, self-starter comfortable taking ownership of technical issues
- Fluent in English and Polish
We believe in growing talent and encourage our team to take on more responsibility to develop their career with us. We’re a friendly bunch, and enjoy the unique, relaxed and social environments in all our offices across the globe. We love what we do and we're confident you'll love it too...
- On-going training and development
- Supportive and collaborative management team
- Spacious loft office
- Multicultural work environment
- Daily lunch
- Private health care
- Life and accident insurance
- Multisport card (with partner, friend and child option)
- Chill out room
- 1000 zl bonus to spent on a “healthy lifestyle” (e.g. for Gym membership)
- 30 days of paid leave
Keen to learn more about us - check out @LifeatSquiz
Apply now, we look forward to meeting you!