Full Stack Developer
The R&D division of Squiz are looking for a talented and motivated full stack developer to join our team and help take our enterprise CMS, Squiz Matrix, to the next level.
Our team believes in creating great products that people love to use. We are committed to working with the best web technologies and tools to get the most out of the software we create. We are now at a point where we want to grow our team in order to support ambitious goals for the product, and we need your help to get there.
Whilst working alongside great developers and engineers, you will work closely with the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead in a crucial and exciting role to develop product features and enhancements for the Squiz Matrix CMS platform.
As a Full Stack Web Developer you will:
- Develop innovative user experiences and work with exciting technologies;
- Collaborate with other talented engineers, designers, product managers, and organisation stakeholders.
You are someone who:
- Has a track record of building and maintaining PHP based web software products;
- Has an understanding of software development processes and tools like version control (Git), TDD, and CI/CD;
- Has an understanding of working with task runners and workflow management tools such as Gulp, Webpack, and NPM scripts;
- Has a passion for clean code and reducing technical debt; and
- Takes their work very seriously, without taking themselves too seriously.
Bonus points for:
- Frontend testing framework experience;
- Experience working with CSS Preprocessors;
- Commercial experience working with CMS platforms such as Squiz Matrix, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, or others;
- Hands-on experience with working on projects in an Agile team using Scrum and/or Kanban; and
- Passion for making the web accessible and a solid understanding of standards like WCAG and ARIA.
You’ll work with some of the most intelligent and down-to-earth people you’ll ever meet. We are made up of a diverse range of passionate individuals who love challenging the status quo. Every day is different, but what is constant is that we work hard but have a lot of fun doing it.
Every Squiz employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games areas, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to manage your 30 day leave in a way that suits you.
If you believe you have what we're looking for, please apply!