With offices across the globe, we’re both a product company and a digital services agency. We go into organisations, sleeves up, and keep them at the forefront of digital in terms of UX, Design, Build, Transformation or all of the above. The Squiz product group is now searching for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our product design team.
We’re looking for someone who can collaborate with product managers, software developers and other designers. The successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and drive conversations around creating beautiful and functional applications. As a UX/UI Designer, you will be energised by the opportunity to define, craft and improve our new and existing SaaS and software products through well-designed user experiences using user-centred design and Lean UX methodologies and principles.
- Reporting to the Head of Product Design, help to establish a consistent user and customer experience across all Squiz products and technologies
- Conduct user experience workshops and research activities, develop personas, customer/user journeys, storyboards and task flows
- Facilitate Design Sprints and ideation/sketching sessions to visualise solution concepts
- Create user interface specifications, including wireframes, hi-fidelity prototypes and UI design mockups
- Conduct usability testing sessions to iterate and validate your designs
- Work closely with the product manager and software engineers to implement designs into functional web applications
- Help to establish and maintain a design system to be utilised across all Squiz software products
To succeed in this role, you will need solid a understanding of the digital/software space, user-behaviour and have the ability to balance business goals and user needs. You will be comfortable conducting user research, running usability tests and proposing evidence-based design solutions via wireframes, interactive prototypes and high-fidelity interface mockups.
- 3-5 years experience in similar UX/UI design capacity
- Experience working in a lean Agile/Scrum development environment preferable
- A solid understanding of user-centered design and Lean UX methodologies
- Highly skilled with industry standard tools such as (i.e. Sketch, Invision, Axure Pro, etc.), with a strong understanding of when designers should be using each tool
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS, responsive design and browser compatibility issues
- Experience collaborating with product managers and cross-functional agile teams
- Experience with product design of B2B software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software (i.e not just single purpose apps)
- The ability to work autonomously, think ahead and work with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- An online portfolio of recent UX/UI design work
You’ll work with some of the most intelligent and down-to-earth people you’ll ever meet. We are made up of a diverse range of passionate people who love challenging the status quo. Every day is different, but what is constant is we work hard and have a lot of fun doing it.
Every Squiz employee enjoys a range of workplace benefits such as a generously stocked kitchen, games areas, a healthy lifestyle allowance and an innovative leave scheme allowing you to manage your 30 day leave in a way that suits you.
Please be sure to include a copy/link to your portfolio in your application!