Linux Web Application Support Consultant
Linux Web Application Support Consultant
Salary: £36,000 to £40,000 per annum
Application opening date: 2nd May 2019
Application closing date: 29th May 2019
Supporting client requests, across the Squiz tech stack - CMS, CRM, Cloud, Marketing Automation, Search and Innovation - you'll be joining our awesome Customer Response Unit (CRU) team here in London.
Dealing with fluctuating traffic requirements and security issues etc..., you'll be troubleshooting customer issues in a predominantly Linux environment, solving complex problems using your Linux, front-end, analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues arising on enterprise infrastructure
- Troubleshoot large complex CMS implementations
- Field incoming client support requests (phone and online), providing exceptional customer service
- Verify stability, inter-operability, and security of system architecture
- Analyze, install, modify and support operating systems, databases and software
A Linux geek, proficient with web servers and web standards and a great communicator, you'll need:
- Strong systems and network security awareness
- Able to work a 12hour/7day rotating shift as part of a structured team rotation scheme
- Proven ability to take ownership of issues from start to finish, and to work independently on projects
- To promote cooperation and strive to improve the knowledge of the rest of the team
- To have a procedural approach to solving problems
- Fluent spoken and written English skills
Technical Skills required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ Linux/UNIX administration experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with web applications and how they work (e.g. openresty, redis, memcached, postgreSQL) in a Linux web application support role
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience with bash scripting
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience dealing with Matrix CMS in a technical support capacity
- Strong understanding of DNS
- Familiar with virtualisation concepts and version control: SVN or Git
- Operating Systems: CentOS, Debian or Scientific Linux
- Web Servers: Apache or Nginx
- System/Network monitoring tools: Nagios, Shinken or CollectD
- A minimum of 12 months’ PostgreSQL or MySQL database experience
- Strong web hosting environment experience
- A minimum of 12 month’s experience with Puppet or Ansible configuration management
Squiz delivers amazing customer experiences with CMS, CRM, Marketing Automation, and Search and Innovation technology. We provide enterprise level solutions to the corporate, government, educational, not for profit and cultural sectors worldwide. Our goal is to empower our customers by providing the platform, tools and confidence needed to thrive in a digital first world.
With over 450 employees in offices all over the globe, including the UK, Poland, USA, Australia and NZ, we work with the best people to bring systems, people and experiences together to deliver a consistent customer experience across multiple channels. Our greatest assets are the people we interact with and we create a fun, flexible, supportive and progressive work environment to ensure all our employees and clients have the best possible experience.
Creative People. Clever Strategies. Brilliant Customer Experiences.
We believe in growing talent and encourage our team to take on more responsibility to develop their career with us. We’re a friendly bunch, and enjoy the unique, relaxed and social environments in all our offices across the globe. We love what we do and we're confident you'll love it too...
- Structured and sensible rotation scheme
- Friday drinks, office stand up, office PingPong, Playstation, Gaming and Movie nights, communal lunches and baking challenges
- 30 days annual leave
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Health and Wellbeing allowance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
Please note that Squiz does not accept speculative CVs and will not be liable for any introduction fees, or otherwise, should we engage with any candidate speculatively submitted by an agency.